Friday, April 8, 2011

1 down,yo!:)

*med school teaser 1*
8th April'11 @1302


I was out from hostel at 8.10am today with my best companion,zakiah.All that was in my mind today was,let everything go silky smooth as I promised I will prepare fully(for sure) for GOC theory in June.With the notice of 2 weeks for practical examinations,I was hit by the wave of stress(a massive one):already fell sick 3 times(with exacerbations of post stress signs and symptoms).So,Navanita is hitting back the gym tomorrow after 1 month of break!:)


First patient to clark,wasn't in her room and i accidentally begun to clark her ward-mate,only to realise after i asked her name,i Got the wrong patient!Hurried down and I got another patient.73 year old,male patient..hello grandpa:):) he wasn't grumpy at all,infact very much patient and answered all my questions..thank you so much.Diagnosed with chronic gout after all my physical examinations on him including heart auscultation,percussion of the lung,bp measurement.My tonometer created a fuss and luckily sarah brought hers.Dr.Yulia was my practical doctor,answered her and did pitting edema examination on my patient.My patient gave extra remark on me and Dr.Yulia was happy and signed my paper and there I went to the lecture hall with a fearful heart.


The moment i walked in,the second group were in a long queu waiting to be given patients.Glad I was in the first batch.Insidious onset of palpitations begun when I saw Dr.Andrevna(who was eyeing me with a smile,she never left her gaze on me when I walked in),Dr.Ksenia,Dr.Tatyana,Dr.Panova,infecttious and TB Drs were there too.Got analysis on bilirubin,sat on the 4th floor *to be continued after back from Internal Lecture...*


*back from Dr.Ilya's hyperglycemia in ACS lecture*..so I got the analysis on bilirubin/biochem analysis and finally i was called by Dr.Kersenia but subsequently was passed on to the infectious Dr.Answered her well and voila I'M DONE WITH INTERNAL MEDICINE'S PRACTICAL EXAM!:):)


Thank you so much the almighty and the most aspiring and inspiring moments were when I received 3 wonderful remarks from my patient,Dr.Yulia and Dr.Infectious.Still a student here,and this junior doctor will strive for the best:)I still have another chance to make up to /fill up what I'm lack of..so it starts again and the next stop will be on the 13th April-OBs/gynae?Still have no idea..let's warm up the engine tonight!


p/s:saw Dr.Petrov today-macho-ly walking down the 4th floor's hallway but his pony tail was slightly tied to the left today...perhaps i should have taken a snap?lol..


1747 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment