Monday, April 18, 2011

DONE!--Surgery Prac with H.O.D:)

*med school teaser 3*-Practice makes perfect:p

18th April'11 @ 1630


Insiduous onset of palpitations + cold sweats + fear with no boundaries..and by 12.30,I'm done with surgery practicals in Vodnaya department.


By 8.40am,was already in hospital but we were systematically sent to patients after like 1 hour+++.Was glad for the time in between as i managed to check on colorectal cancer from Oxford handbook of clinical surgery.At times,last minute flipping will certainly come in aid and guess what?my patient,69 years old with chronic illness of hemorrhoids and recently diagnosed,colon cancer.Got through practicals with compliment "GOOD" and with excellent marks remarks on my evaluation on physical examination:)


Walked into the room,sat for 10 minutes waiting to be called and here you go,Surgeon Zagainov was my examinor.I was fully clad in my scrubs + cap +stethoscope around my neck,sat before him and i answered what i know.Diagnosed X-ray and its management correctly.FInally,"measure my blood pressure" as he said Malaysian students didn't know how to measure blood pressure.I did how i was thought in Internal Medicine and at that time,only i knew how my legs were trembling as I put on cuff on him(the big shot) while being looked by the assistant surgeon,Goldernburg..i really hope they didn't notice my legs.Well,yeah he has hypertension but his method of measurement bp is different from what i was thought.So,he was actually teaching me:)thank you Surgeon atleast now I know.


I got through like what I wanted only that I don't know what mark I got from him!Now,this is certainly an experience that will stick in my mind for years to come.


With A memo to Krsna before I left for exam today,I got to get fully committed and extra disciplined till the real GOC exams end.So Jr.Doctor is paving her way to her M.D title.Keep the spirit high and show them what you can do!:)


Countdown for GOC theoretical exams start!


1702

No comments:

Post a Comment