Friday, December 18, 2009

Winter- to like or to dislike?

*yesterday at 2pm: -15*..winter oh winter...*
*scenery outside hostel no.1*

*everything that you wanted on sis prema's baby shower day*










Holla saturday dawn :) *me still not yawning*.The 3 hours of nap right after back from infectious diseases today is the reason why I'm still being a vampire at this hour.I waited eargerly,very much for friday to come,so it came and left me at a high speed.








Winter is FINALLY here,officially!!The temperature fluctuated and dropped drastically from less than 10*C to -29*C.Extreme cold season that you could ever imagine.It got 'warmer' the next following days: -28*C,-27*C and finally today was -15*C(thankfully!).I've always loved cold season when I was back in Malaysia.Even after I came here,I loved it and still love it and that's only if the temperature doesn;t fall below -15*C.I still can withstand the cold atmosphere provided there's NO caressing wind on my face!








Monday was a long day for me.I had to cover the scarf up till my nose for 2 main reasons:-to hinder myself from catching any unwanted viruses spread by the susceptible people especially in the bus and to prevent my cheeks from getting 'fatter' ...It's freaking cold that my ever senstive lacrimal sac was triggered and tears rolled down my cheeks involuntarily..arrghhh,I hate that..Eyelashes glued together by the snow flecks, fingers and toe numbness can remind you of paraphlegic/diabetic neuropathy patients...so that's the wonders of winter,if you want me to name a few.Still,I think I will be missing this weather after 1.5 years of my stay here.:( Just a request,please get warmer,I mean REAL warm soon perhaps 0*C will be just too perfect anf will bring the utmost joy to all of us here.By the way,for the russians,this is their normal winter,yeah NORMAL WINTER when it's -30*C or even lesser than that!!








Here's my personal note to you bloggie,sorry for abandoning you lately.I've been really busy.I've got so many things to do at a time.I thought of finishing one exam this month but the deans as usual called off all our plans,so I'm left with paediatrics(3 semesters work) on the 22nd January and Epidemiology on the 28th january.6 days apart for 2 exams,so let's do it!!!








I had missed 2 important events for the past 2 weeks.First was Sis Prema's baby shower ceremony in Cheras.It was totally grand as everyone(maternal side) was anticipating the lil cutie very much,I can say that again because he will be grandpa's 1st great grandchild:)




secondly,daddy's surprise birthday party(post birthday) which was held at home in ipoh.Ragu,Mum and my aunties planned it,invited close relatives and dad had his 2nd birthday cake last sunday.I was overjoyed while webcaming as everyone was there except for my elder brothers.I know dad enjoyed the day very much when previously dad complained to me saying "how could your mother forget my age?She lighted extra 1 candle on my cake!"..Mum:"Why is it a big crime now?" Me from here :"Daddy,you are still young to us and you don;t look as if you're 50++" *wink*and dad's reply : Yes ma,AFTER ALL 50++"...I miss being there and witnessing all the precious moments with them.




Okay then,I'm done for today.Nites.








0330
















2 comments:

  1. huhu..winter's almost "over" now though...forecast says it'll be +1 to +3 this sunday. i wonder if its true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's hope so sarah,actually i love the weather now:))))

    ReplyDelete