Sunday, December 12, 2010

Honour Thyself.

* a courageous journey of survival,memory,and self-discovery*


12th December'10 @ 2049




The tittle for my entry is fully inspired by Danielle Steel's amazing work on her novel-Honour Thyself.She's my current craze and undeniably,she's an awesome and a fantastic author just like the rest-Michael Crichton,Sidney Sheldon.To begin with,I got to know Steel's existence whilst in facebook after my Internal exam.A junior of mine posted' "he's never been perfect,but he's always in her heart-Rogue,Danielle Steel.Impulsively,I googled for I knew it has to be an author and I was right.Read the synopsis of Rogue in Fanfaction and I just loved it and was actually planning to get the novel.It's really been ages since I last bought a novel.The last was Da Vinci Code which didn't impress me much.




My weekend couldn't get any better,quiter and calmer than this.My first free weekend where I had the chance to get and do what i wanted-just by myself.Initial plan was to attend my last African Nite on saturday.Wandered at the Walking street for a casual wear but I couldn't find one.Wasn't disappointed as I had a back up plan to go for skating with my batchmates.As i was walking down the walking street,I decided to check out Biblioteka and on the second floor,2 book shelves were filled with English books.The excitement of seeing novels came rushing into me,just like how it was when I was a child.I've been an avid reader ever since my young days and nothing could stop me from getting fully immersed into good and brilliantly written novels.Michael Crichton's works were not available on the shelves but Sidney Sheldon and Danielle Steel's Rogue was there!!!! I grabbed Rogue and was very much delighted.Being the me,I'd always inspected more before getting what I had desired all the while.Few books by Steel was on display but Honour Thyself,caught the lenses of my eyes.Reached for the book and the synopsis was very much appealing and I decided to get that instead of Rogue.Lucky for me,the same junior who had introduced Steel to me has Rogue,so here comes the barter system so that we could get sated with both books:)




After a treat in Mc'd right after Internal lecture had ended on friday,I refreshed and started reading my newly purchased novel.I was very much excited for I have back in touch with my reading(novels) passion which I had abandoned in my medical school.Approximately 50 pages were read and I decided to call it a day and went beneath my covers.Drifted to a good night's sleep and woke up past noon on saturday.Made myself a very balanced lunch+dinner.Even before that,I was already casting my eyes on the pages of the novel and enjoying each and every word.I was just too comfortable in my own pace,right on my bed with the comforter,and my study light on and in addition,it was snowing and the weather was just too perfect for an outing at -3*C.I waited for the clock to strike 5pm so i could go for skating but as if it had been fated that I had to spend my saturday with a novel,the skating plan was cancelled.As much as I wanted to finish this book tonight,I realised I was only half way of the book~




Sunday.I just couldn't get out of my bed when the novel was on my hands.Plan to Krishna's temple got cancelled as I wanted to finish the book today and to a greater extent,I was enjoying my free sunday and it was snowing quite heavily around noon.I couldn't take off my eyes from the novel as it was reaching its highest point.Beautiful story of a woman who had the second chance to count her blessings.I'm not going to tell synopsis here,go and get the book people!!It's a must read.Right now,I'm done with the book and wanted to exchange it with Rogue.




The book perfectly fitted with my concept of a woman.She handled it well ,whatever that had come to her and the novel certainly has my biggest rooting and recommendation!!




Well written,Danielle Steel,good job!:)I enjoyed reading it and it certainly worth my time:)




Happy weekend,a weekend of my very own-and tomorrow back to work...;)




2132

No comments:

Post a Comment