Thursday, October 1, 2009

3rd rotation:Infectious Paediatrics

*write & write & write till the end of the time*
1st October'09 @ 2355




1st day of paediatrics rotation.3 groups will be having this cycle together for the next 11 days but under the watchful eyes of different paediatricians.Arrived sharp at 8.30am at the department though i was doubtful the lecture/class will commence any earlier than 9am.We were practically standing outside the door of Dr.Lydia,keeping a close look out for any paediatricians who might signal and lead us to our respective classes.




At 8.45am,Dr.Lydia arrived,flashed us a smile and handed over her notebook to abdalla and he carried all the way to the lecture hall which was situated in the outpatient department on the 2nd floor.If earlier the lectures of 2 semesters were given by Prof Federovna,now it's Dr.Lydia's turn to deliver lecture on Infectious diseases in children.Started at 9am and we continued till 12pm!!! Holy God,believe me she made us copy and copy and copy her slides with only 'take 5 min' (short break) and the long break about 20 minutes at 11am..I didn't feel the friction i was exerting on my book as my digiti minimi(small finger) was scratching the sheets of my book but when the TORCH lecture ended,I was actually examining my "Dr.Pavlovna's nodule" on the medial side of my little finger.Continuos writing without mercy on us!!




Well that wasn't the end of it.I thought we could go back at 12 pm but when Dr.Elena came back after the long break,she continued lecture on HELMINTHIASIS.!! We shot each other looks then continued coping the lecture.Man,this Dr. whom I had on the last day of my second sem is less 'merciful'..yeap,she didn;t even wait for us to finish rewriting everything but will just let the slides pass once she's done with her explanations..hello Dr,our momentum is weaning off,please consider that in mind..we're not machines to maintain the same speed throughout the 4 1/2 hours of lectures!




Tomorrow(today in 9 hours time),I will be having my 2nd practical class with Dr.Lydia,yeap the same old woman who gave me a hard time on my patient's case report last semester.I won;t forget that.She only let go of me when I firmly said there wasn't enough diagnostic manipulation done on this poor patient of mine!! I wonder how it will be like this semester with her,definitely it's not going to be 'all day smile' kind of thingy.




The topics for tomorrow's class will be Influenza,scarlet fever,adenovirus,Strep.pharyngitis,RSV and croup.




And finally,it's friday..will be off to ashan with sevvanthee and maalini.My very first outing with them to ashan after i came back for this semester.Plans for this weekend:




1.friday-watch dad and mum's favourite movie(Abhi and I @ Abhiyum na aanum) with my besties here.




2.saturday-attend the expected 3rd floor's 'rumah terbuka' for raya.




3.sunday-531E's group outing to celebrate zakiah and abdalla's belated birthdays.




in the meanwhile,paediatrics,no worries,You;re NOT FORGOTTEN!!




0030

No comments:

Post a Comment