Saturday, October 31, 2009

4th Floor's Diwali Dinner.

*serving time..come and get your food,people:)*
*omg,winter is here..it's all snowy!!*









I'm so the TIRED! but I just can't seem to get myself under the blanket yesterday.Every single muscle is fatigued after the long hours and cumulative effect of cooking each saturday ever since 17th october.Sevvanthee still teases me "You said,'why diwali only for 1 day?'" whenever I tell her "can i have a quiet weekend this week?"..I'm not this cooking material type and that's actual cause of all these.However,for my friends and fellow groupmates,I find a sense of satisfaction to invite them over for our indian dinner on our 4th floor each year.








Yesterday Morning woke up around 8am,and we started preparing our dishes.Since we had to cook for about 80 of our friends,the 5 of us,:Me,Sevvanthee,Maalini,Kiran and Jonas actually sped up the whole cooking process and by 2pm we were done with : Veg Kurma,Chicken masak merah,yellow-spiced rice(eh,such combo exist?),mix veg and drinks.I had to boil numerous times hot water,filter them then store them in big containers so we can make our best misture of sweet drink from the cordial which we had purchased from magnit.Everyone was like.."wht's this drink called?" Jonas and I winked and said "it's a good blend of everything..it's our secret"..(ha-ha)..






It just feels like we started our first year here and soon there'll be our last diwali dinner here.I know I will be missing all these funs once I graduate.Dad will say :"enjoy every single moments now,these are the moments which are very precious,best and important moments"..when did I ever go against daddy's words right?So I enjoyed it though at the beginning of the day and on friday I was lil bit down.Why?I will get back to that later.Now let me done with my final diwali dinner story for the year.






Jonas made the situation in kitchen very lively.Though only 2 boys helping me,sevvanthee and maalini,there weren't any glitches...Jonas being the youngest among us,was looking out the window,admiring the puppies which were out in the cold,snowy weather when he gets tired of stirring the veg kurma.With his non-fluent tamil,he made all of us broke into laughters whenever he makes an attempt to talk in tamil.






Kiran as usual the one who runs here and there to get things done.He definitely cooks better than I do,can estimate well for how many people it will be adequate and etc.After all ,serving in temple does come handy at times,I believe.What tickled the rest of us was when he tried to mix the full-filled container ,(ha-ha) the way he shook the container..too bad I didn;t take a snap of him doing so...






Here comes the experts in cooking(no I'm not included in that category)..sevvanthee and maalini.Colour of the dishes definitely changed..for example,Kurma colour became more like red-spiced up colour because of the excessive tomato paste,then the chicken apparently was okay but it was damn tasty..the mix veg + bolied dhal became like Dhal..aihhhss,nevertheless everyone seemed to enjoy and complementing happily that they had a great time and really loved the foods.Now,I'm really adamant that we especially me here have a hidden talent for cooking,just that I cared less in trying and making a decent multiple means everyday for myself:p






Somehow,I felt very less people turned out for our dinner since few were not feeling well,away to Ashan and attended the halloween party in another hostel.For those who didn;t attend our dinner yesterdat,all I can say is "YOU GUYS JUST MISSED A BON APPETITE OF INDIAN FOODS.."






I know Indian foods are all about the spices and being hot.Abdalla,Jeff,Jia Lynn were fanning their tongues..ermm,I have a low threshold for spicy food as I don;t consume much also,but i think yesterday was less spicy than any other Indian foods that we had cooked previously..but still you can see my buddies gulping down juice impatiently..get used to it guys,Indian food,what you guys expect?..






Anyways,it's my pleasure to have all of you here with me,thank you for your attendances.






xoxoxoxo.






1400

No comments:

Post a Comment