Friday, July 17, 2009

Just being me,myself and I


18th July'09@ 0105


Since I can't go out and paint the town red at odd hours,I chose to be an insomniac even when it's Friday!


What had happened for the past 3 weeks?:


1.24th June : taugeh ayam(ipoh's special) dinner with anne and subha.


2.25th June: convo saree shopping with lava and vicks


3.28th June:drove to teluk intan-bagan dato with mum,ragu and grandpa


4.29th June:outing with subha and vicks to RPS,JJ(with lava).


5.4th July:salwar kameezes shopping with mum:)


6.10th July: outing with mum again


7.11th July : our so incomplete reunion at anne's with anne,shalu,subha,sree,sharala and asha


8.12th July: back to my favourite place(teluk intan) for Uncle Surya's 51st birthday (a memorable day) and the best of it-Family reunion.


9.13,14,15,17 July: learning and enjoying practicals with set IV line,ET,ABG,P.E,clerking patients,updating with medications/tabs.


10.17th July: Ragu and Cousin Sis came over for the weekend,attended a birthday celebration and spent time with mum and dad.


*17th July*

I got my EVER FIRST ride on the ambulance today.After 'the hang out' in the female medical department,i went to the emergency ward.In the midst of patients with eye irrigations and bandages,we received a call on a skidded and overturned car!!! The paramedics were getting ready and stress was mounting in the atmosphere.One of the paramedics told us "there's empty space,who wants to come?"..I was so excited that I jumped into the ambulance..too ecstatic that I was imagining and telling my junior that by now definitely the rescue team would've been there.I even imagined the normal catastrophic scene with a large pool of blood and not to leave out..a huge crowd.1 driver,3 paramedics and 2 medical students in an ambulance which sped off about 20 km from the hospital.The adrenaline rush is definitely present once the siren was switched on.You don't have to be a YB/PM/star/prominent person to clear the road..all you need is to get into an ambulance-relax,sit back and enjoy the speeding ambulance ride!We got ourselves prepared with sterile gloves waited anxiously till we reached the scene of accident.

Upon reaching,the car was still in good shape despite the overturn.The victim was in good consciousness with GCS :15/15.After settling the one and only patient on the ambulance,we headed back to the hospital.We managed to talk to the patient who complained of chest pain(perhaps due to the shock/tachycardia).Patient's condition: a 4 cm cut on his forehead.Reason of accident: patient was too sleepy--he lost control of the car!

Praise the Lord for there were no other victims.The only indication/sign of the accident scene is the car and a few passerby.Besides that,nothing more exciting happened..well blame it on my overused brain which causes my imaginations to run wild.Anyhow,it was a worthily experience being on an ambulance.How many of us actually get that chance?I'm definitely the lucky one!I want more rides and the next time,I'm still going to hop into it!:)*


Things that I'm looking forward for the next few days:


1.18th July:family reunion for saisha's 1st year birthday celebration-can't wait for tomorrow evening to come(yeah,in 16 hours..:))


2.19th July:Mum's birthday celebration and holy chants/carolling/bhajan in house.


3.practicals in BGH.


4.shopping


5.a call from lava and aud confirming on their presence for our grand reunion on 25th July.


6.Spend more time with mum and dad.


7.readings.


8.blogging.


9.watch movies.


10.download songs.


11.almost forgot..and yeah outings when I'm available:)


have a fun-filled weekend,nita.

Yes,thank you ,I will definitely.*smile*
0200





No comments:

Post a Comment