Saturday, July 4, 2009

The New Man In You


5th July'09@ 2.34am


Ragu just finished stuffing his luggages with his casual wears and books.I folded his previous faithfully served semester's denims,jeans and t-shirts and kept them in his cupboard.(according to him,those are the old ones which he has no intention on bring back this sem).2 months of university break finally came to and end for him.It will be 2 weeks since my return and now he has to leave.Frankly speaking,not enough.Definitely,not enough the time i spent with him.He is one of the reasons why I came back early this year to Malaysia.(earliest in my 4 years of medic studies).Had I followed my schedule of return,I wouldn't even had the period of 2 weeks with him.Atleast I had that and no regrets here.


Seeing him pack his bags,I felt something is being taken away from me.To be precise,suddenly I felt he is moving very far away from me.I wish he could stay longer so we can carry out the many things we had planned earlier before my return.To my dismay,we only carried out not even half of it due to some consequences and time constraints.Tomorrow he will be off and I will be left alone at home without a sibling to tell jokes and push around.I'm so going to miss him very much,like I always do.


Dad always say that "you're my right eye and ragu is the left one".Truly,I don't know what I will bedoing without him.But one thing that's definite,I will be the most serious one without him in my life.Being the first child,mum used to tell me that I didn't even want to go near what more to touch and play with him for about 2 weeks.3 years of being the only child,I was so possesive( at that very tender age) that I didn't want to share my parents love with anyone else.They say' a touch can make wonders'.I believe that's true.Soon as time passed by,we clicked together and begun the new rivalry between us.It's not something new,we just had something against each other whilst growing up.


Like I said earlier,we bonded but certainly we are the two opposite ones..just like 'yin and yang'.If there's a chemistry between us,it has to be only on Manchester United( I can say with confidence here!).The rest of the times,we just happened to agree on a word when there's a strong force exerting at the same time on both of our minds(miraculously!)


Still,I never wished to be the only child born to my parents though mum used to punish me first when he threw tantrums during his early days.Being mum's son and on extra plus point -BEING THE YOUNGEST- everybody loved him and still loves him alot( and no I'm not envious of him,lol..I have everything including him:) ).He was extremely cute when he was borne,cuter than I was.I loved his hair and his fair skin(yeap,fairer than I was)..too cute till now he will be compared to my new born nieces and nephews.As i was and still 'am daddy's girl,I always had/have dad by my side during times of ordeals especially when got cannings from mum during meals time.:p


My life would have been very incomplete without ragu.Watching him grow ever since then made me realise how much he has changed.Regardless of the many changes in him,he is still grandpa's most beloved,loved and adored grandson among the others.Ragu is always first to him.


Even when he was a child,he was a troublemaker.At the age of 6 years, he got few stitches on his right thigh after collapsing to the ground from his 'mini-mountain bike'.If my memory serves me right,the same year he was rushed to the 24 hours clinic to have immediate aid on his bleeding ear after falling down from the double decker bed past midnight.He was such a brat,wasn't he?Yet,he was everyone's favourite.


Enrolled into chinese kindergarden and continued till secondary school.He followed my footsteps by taking up STPM but was in physics.Formerly,he was more of a very obedient boy.Very obedient indeed.Even now he is but things have changed.As he was growing up,he became very close to daddy.Dad's tremendous sense of responsibilty has been assimilated into him.He got it and holds it close to his heart.He showed interest to everything that;s happening with dad's business at the age of 13 and that interest never once faded from him.Aunties will always praise him for being the most responsible ones and even said my parents are LUCKY to have him as their son!


He certainly didn't want to adopt 'all work makes jack a dull boy'.Like any other boys,he was playful and even now at times but to a lesser extent.Soccer,tae-kwando became his life in secondary school.For him,soccer= Manchester United,a die-hard fan till now!* believe it,at 3am,he just checked the latest news on Owen's transfer to MU on my lappie..*.


Before he attained his teenagehood,everyone said that he looked like mum but now he's like the mirror image of dad.He has what it takes to be a man with responsibilties in life.And obviously,he knows how to rebel and protest now to prove him right.Dad and mum have to give him a chance because he is 21 this year.I can give you the best example,dad and mum planned to celebrate his 21st birthday this july but he had anotehr plan in his mind.He wanted to make something different..he put forward his suggestion --->'let's celebrate my 23rd birthday grandly once i'm already a graduate'..to my suprise,dad agreed after giving much thoughts saying it's a great idea!..see?this is Ragu now.


Being a university student and a 21 year old,friends do play major role here.Dad's favourite comparison "your friends reflect the type of friends you miggle with".Ragu rarely goes out with his friends but when he does,his decision will be so abrupt that he will tell dad "Daddy,i'm taking the car,will be going out for awhile"..late night returns (twice) which i had noted became evident this time around.There was once he came back at 12.30 am after leaving home at 10 pm.Dad and mum went to bed but were still awake till he returned.And as for me?I was the one who opened the door to let him in!Bet dad was more cool about it since he is a GUY! I remembered when I came back home at 1.30 am (my first and last late nite return) after outing with friends on thaipusam day (after stpm),dad and mum were like "I know you can take care of yourself but YOU ARE A YOUNG LADY,should come back early!"...and now this is discrimination...lol.


This time when he will be going back to his campus in less than 12 hours time,being a second year senior,he has been given a car by dad and mum to make his life easier in campus.I know he had to endure the 'lectures' from especially dad before he could make dad undertstand the reason why he needed a car.I'm sure he knows how to ahndle whatever that may come in his life as long as he listens and remebers by heart whatever that has been told to him by mum and dad.


I will be missing you dearly,bro.Another 2 more years and we will celebrate our post convocations dinners together in 2011.That's a promise.Have a safe journey back to campus and my eternal wish for you: all the very best and you will definitely succeed in your future undertakings.Take care and be a good student cum young man.


with lots of love,

nita.


3.57am




No comments:

Post a Comment