Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Part III of 'My hang out'


14th July'09 @ 1829


I know i've been making entries almost everyday better to say,whenever i feel like making an entry mainly because I left my diarie in 410(purposely) which makes me turn to blogspot.My mind is wandering away without direction wish i can get hold of it.."hey,you belong to me,don't stray away from me,get it?"- i'm strictly ordering you this,encephalon!Don't make me do any knocking on you~ I have things to do and you know that very well,don't ya?Don't divert and stay focused!


Nothing extraordinary happened today.The weather was all gloomy since morning,didn't spot a single streak of sunlight shining on me.Went for round at the O&G.Dr.Allan Ravi (anne's cousin bro) was on duty.I bet he was awkward when 6 girls were following him for rounds.We did ask his permission to go on rounds with him and he said(very soft-spoken) 'okay'.As he was clerking and doing P.E on a patient,he turned and asked "so,what you supposed to be doing/want to do?"..and that proves my statement earlier..maybe he thought we were invigilating him or whatsoever.We stayed till he finished,then I did Leopold's maneuver on a 37 weeks pregnant mother;checked Moro,grasp,suck reflexes and checked the descended testicles on a newborn.


The medical department was 'house full' today.Dr.Joshita greeted us with a 'hi' and we tagged behind her.Rounds took nearly 2 hours and by 12pm,we were couldn't stand any longer!!New cases on admissions:dengue fever with very low platelets and white blood cells count,MVA victim,newly diagnosed AHT patient.The Indian woman whom i talked to yesterday,had severe chest pain on thiazide intake.Her medication has been stopped and continued with Ca-channel blockers and ACE inhibitors.Perhaps the patient wasn't aware of her high blood glucose level,she ACTUALLY asked Dr.Joshita whether she can be discharged today!I'm sure the patient will be in the ward till her glucose level normalises and her chest pain improves for better.Too many patients till Dr.Joshita exclaimed "aiya,why all the patients require me to think alot today?"..we just gave her our smiles.Soon,very soon will be my turn~ Going rounds with her is not stressing but questions are thrown at us..as for example today on haematology,answered what striked to our minds and definitely with aid from the Oxford Clinical Medicine Book.


Emergency department was less functional today.Yesterday i stayed in ER throughout lunch break and left the department at 4.30 pm.Dr.Taranjit actually asked me 'where did you go missing?"..I was so tempted to answer her "doc,i didn't curi tulang.." instead i told her "i didn't go for lunch of 2 hours and had to go back"..she actually 'threatened/bullied' saying "Boss(Dr.Prema) was looking for you all"..our eyes grew larger when she mentioned her name and yes definitely we don't want to mess up with her.Hopefully,she hasn't set her eyes on us!!


A mini update on today's routine..so another 3 more days for the week to come to an end before saisha's first year birthday.Okay,signing off now..dasvidanya.













2 comments:

  1. haha...u actually met dr allan...wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will update u when we meet,too soft spoken and control habis u know..(blur..:p).

    ReplyDelete