Friday, September 11, 2009

1st cycle-TB updates

* my pathologically predisposed asthenic chest fluorography result*


*1st day...I had to circle it with purple pen because the papule was invisible*

11th september'09 @ 1550






TB classes will be coming to an end next wednesday.Sarah and Xiang Yun did favour for us by asking the professor and our doctors to end the class earlier maybe on tuesday so that we can have 1 day study break and do the 1st exam of our 1st sem of 5th year on thursday.No answer was given yet...he said they will think about it.






I love learning diseases in human beings.It's very enlightening and gives me satisfaction when I learn more about these diseases and be able to answer my parents,friends,lil cousins when they 'consult' me.:) But my mind perceives and processes abstract informations in a lower speed..just like how the fetus descends via the false and true pelvis,immunology on HLA,antigen-antibody mechanism,pathways of certain sensory organs in neurology.. but when it comes to relating the sequalae and pathology which can be understood and viewed,I tend to enjoy and wanting to get to know them more.









Last monday,we did Montoux test which is the preliminary test done on any patients suspected of tuberculosis infection.An experienced nurse thought us how to do the test.It was pretty much a scene in that procedure room with all of us had to be 'doctor' and 'patient' at the same time.Few of us pricked their fingers while trying to remove the cap of the syringe.Emmy and Abdalla didn't want to victimise their colleagues,therefore opted not to become 'doctors'.I did on Zaid-and yeah,a cute little lemon-pealed papule appeared.Then I had to become 'doctor' for the second time for zakiah and it turned out to be good too,but smaller than Zaid's.Mine was done by zakiah,can't really see it since it was done rather little deeper..but now I can feel an elevated surface on my left forearm..perhaps the papule got trapped above the dermis:p









It's a must to do fluorography when students are having classes in the tuberculosis dispensary.It was my very first time doing it because usually we prefer Chest X-rays back at home.The former is informative too.We collected our results yesterday and our dear Dr. gave comment on them.Mine was:






1.wrong position of standing since the distance between the right clavicle/collar bone and the left clavicle to the sternum if different.






2.asthenic constitution but it's normal(mind you!)






3.slightly inflamed level of the upper diaphragm due to minor pathology reactions taking place..but nothing more serious,and it can be omitted and need not to worry...well not only me,Jeff also had it!









Daily we will be shown patients' X-Rays,few of it were even there before I was born.






On patients,Im still yet to do my case report,will be working on it this weekend besides juggling my time to prepare for my TB exam.






I visited Sara and Abdalla's patient who's a girl of 4 years old.She looked very pale,a slow learner,has tuberculosis infection.She was born to a HIV + mother but the virus wasn't detected in this little cute kiddo.






Paediatrics wards are usually cheerful despite of the hidden sadness.The moment we walked in,the kids trailed behind us and we together examining Sara's patient and few of them very enthusiastic to show their scar of Montoux test to us.At times i wonder why they have to suffer at this tender age..when they are supposed to be out there in playground/going for school,they ended up in hospitals,and waiting anxiously for the day to walk out of the ward.I hope these kids will be free-ed from the miseries that had befallen onto them.There's one funny scene,despite all the brave ones,they are these little timid looking kids.While we were passing by the wards,one kid even crawled under his bed,talk about being phobic towards DOCTORS!






All in all,I need to catch up on TB and get prepared for it by next week..so my precious saturday and sunday,you guys are definitely not free this week!!






*TB exam fever*









1627













No comments:

Post a Comment