Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thank you,Prof.Parshikof.

*with the most respected and acknowledged prof*
30th september'09 @ 0046




My second cycle for the sem came to an end today.As much as group 531E will be missing Prof.Parshikof,I'm sure he will be missing us terribly too.Normally the latest he would let us go,at 1 pm.Today,he just wanted to show us more and more,he didn;t want to leave behind any of his plans throughout our rotation.




Amongst the many Profs/doctors/surgeons I have come across,Prof.Parshikof has 'the thing'/what it takes to be a great paediatrics surgeon/a physician.Being under him for 9 days is not adequate..can I join him back during winter practicals?




Being the experienced surgeon cum professor,he takes everything that comes in his way in a more cooler attitude and deals with them without hesitation.That is something that to be learnt from him,seriously..well that's what differentiates a senior physician and the amateur ones.




Ask any of my groupmates,we will way ...'WE Love him!"..His favourite phrase is " Need to think,step by step...see where's the heart,the liver,the stomach"..(while looking at the CXR),..and our favourite phrase of his "Think,..take a cup of tea/coffee...it's so simple,isn;t it?No problem,right?..Paediatrics surgery is all easy,like I have said!"..*sir,we salute you!*




I was stuck in a 'crucial' situation today while interpreting an XRY given to me.One would have easily guessed it was bone tumor based on today;s topic and when your counterparts got the easy variants of bone tumor.Mine could be acute osteomyelitis or bone tumor!I was..."present periosteal reaction(both thin lines downwards and crossing over),irregular border typical for bone tumor,and adjacent bone tissue destruction which is typical for OM and Bone tumor!!!".."what to do?"-Prof asked.I was to answer 'bone tumor' but he wrote on a white board: ( in russian: lechith nelzia ampurirovath)..and I had to choose..though it was just a question,but the I found it very difficult to make my decision when the exact diagnosis is not sure.If it's tumor,one has to be amputated!Amputation,ok,not joke..how are you supposed to amputate someone without distinct confirmation on your diagnosis.After much thoughts,I said' amputation" after being VERY sure on what I saw on the X-ray!...AND-- Prof agreed..I exhaled a breath of relief...I will be dealing with humans ok,I need to be VERY SURE in what I'm doing,I can;t say "MAYBE"!




After much explanation and a visit to the oncology department where numerous cuties(kids) are playing with their mates happily despite their severe diseases,Prof gave us zachut on our books.His last reminder for us was(in russian):"Nice weather,go for a walk,don;t forget the boys and then MUST STUDY,STUDY AND STUDY".




We said good bye and thank you,left his comfy room with lots of memories.




He thought us not to EVER be afraid to do manipulations on patients.Remember the main aim of a doctor is to save the patient,at any cost.




"You are the one in white coat,you can do anything you want because you are the DOCTOR.When you cannot resuscitate a patient by the ABC,remove your shoes,use your foot and BRING BACK the patient to LIVE!There's nothing wrong in it!Remember,You;re The DOCTOR!"---this is the best thing that I've ever heard from a surgeon.




Thanks a million sir,you're definitely will be in all our hearts.Hope to see you again.




0115


No comments:

Post a Comment