Monday, September 28, 2009

Switched O.F.F mode

* sacrococcygeal teratoma in an infant*
28th september'09@ 2320






Out of the blues,the day didn't go well for me.Morning it was all fine with practicals in 3rd hostel with Prof.Parshikof.In addition did per rectal examination and proctoscopy on a dummy(obviously!).Practiced more on how to do IM,IV and suturing.Came back to room around 12pm.While waiting for the time to turn 2 pm,I was memorising my russian text..*should've started yesterday but I didn't right after completing the CXR made easy*




First factor of my hastiness is ,today for practical examination which we were supposed to pass up 2 weeks ago.I and few others didn;t go since we were having our tb exams.Reached around 3 pm,and Dr.Natalia Genedevna arrived and the first person to go in was Xiang yun.As we were waiting outside with all kinds of speculations on what questions will be asked to us,we heard a VERY familiar voice...and all of us stopped talking,gasped and mouthed "ANDREVNA!"..for sure all our faces had turned white at that very moment but too bad we didn;t snap a photo at that very moment! Perhaps for once all of us got conned by someone with a similar voice like Dr.Andrevna!! We waited and waited..and finally came my turn.Went in,explained to Dr.Natalia why I couldn't make it for the examination on the scheduled date.She asked " So tell me what's interesting in emergency department where you did your practicals"..I replied "cases on snake bites,asthmatic attacks,accident cases..." "okay,how do you treat status asthmaticus?"..I :"bronchodilators:salbutamol"..She looked at me wearily..I was thinking "was it wrong?" but continued telling " O2 therapy,artificial ventilation,Corticosteroids"..."okay,good mark" she said and gave me a 4 for my summer practicals report!! I said thank you and left..hey I was quite pissed because i don;t know why...perhaps it was our fault or maybe she was just too tired after the long hours in hospital and yeah indeed she was in a bad mood ,too.Only then I knew,all of us GOT 4 from her!!!duh..1st turn off for the day!




Secondly,I was okay with my russian text but when it was about my turn to retell,I was thinking of telling the Madam Tatyana that I would like to prepare better for it but my fat ego told me not to and I finished retelling it..I wasn't satisfied because I think i could have done it better.I asked the teacher whether she wants me to retell it next week but she said "no,you don;t have to.You did good.".. but,I don;t think the same you know..ermm.



Finally as i was reading on the topic oncology for the last classof paeds surgery tomorrow,I got more depressed after coming across photos of infants with tumors..*look at the picture above*..




p/s: a small smile for chipsmore which made my headache (confined to my occipital lobe)disappear within few seconds.
Okay,enough for today,I'm going to bed now!




2345




2 comments:

  1. hey babe....hang in there...you are doing great kay...dun stress yourself up so much...dun make us all worry about u there...remember v are always wid u...tc there babe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks babe,soothing words from you,i need that...as usualla,i know there's no such thing like 'no worries and ONLY all smiles day long!'..u take care too babe,bye:)

    ReplyDelete